Poem Read by Becky Shrimpton
From Wild Sound Festival Review
The same site offers this interview with the poet Gerry van der Linden:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Theme of the poem: different worlds, same people. Universal reality.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your
They can respond anyway they want, but I hope that they will feel
connected to others (as different as they are..) during or after the
experience of listening and watching.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Since 1975 I have been publishing poetry, writing since I was ten years
old. First volume in 1978, title: ‘De Aantekening’, (The Note). Last
publication ‘Stadswild’ (City’s prey) 2014. In total as an oeuvre; 10
poetrybooks and 3 novels.
PS I read my poems in the shorts of Allen Ginsberg in 1980 in The Savoy
Tivoli, San Francisco. ‘Get off the stage!’ he shouted behind the curtain
when I took too much time.. (so funny).
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
Margaret Atwood, Mark Strand, Josif Brodsky, Ann Sexton, Sylvia Plath,
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry
performed by a professional actor?
A friend told me about it, I think it is an interesting and appealing way to show your poetry
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes. I write prose as well, short stories, scripts, novels.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion in life is writing and reading, watching movies also. And
watching my son perform, who is a well known spoken word artist (name: Luan
Buleshkaj). He is a magician with words(!)